Monday 3 February 2014

Another Beerfest adventure but this time in Launceston, Tasmania

16 January

The flight over from Sydney to Tassie was relatively easy and straight forward, although my bag is a lot heavier than I remember.  Matt C aka 'walkie talkie guy' came to collect me and 2 other girls from the airport which was really kind of him.  We had a strange conversation whilst waiting for the girls' bags as one of them had bought some celery, peppers and lettuce with her!  For those of you who don't know, it's allegal in Australia to cross state with any fruit, veg, nuts or seeds.

Anyways, we drove into town and rocked up at Irish (pub owned by James), hung out with a few of the guys, had a few beers then headed for bed.  

17 January

It's my first day in Launceston so I thought I'd take the opportunity to do some exploring before I started my shift.  The town itself is pretty small in comparison to other places I've visited on this trip but it's the closest I've found that reminds me of home.  If not for the size then certainly for the architecture.  

The Beerfest this time round was different.  Instead of being located on the Esplanade, it was on a street outside their local brewery 'James Boag'.  This being said, there was still a great atmosphere.  I worked at the Sail and Anchor stand which were promoting their own beers from Fremantle in WA and also Crabbies Ginger Beer which they have just bought the licensing for.  Ironic considering they put a British girl to promote a British brand!  This is where I made my first group of friends - Toni and Kelly.  For some reason, they found the way I said 'raspberry' funny which resulted in the saying "I'm thinking of having a raspberry".  To you it may not seem funny but say it with a fake british accent and you might begin to get why...either way I'm not sure any of us have had a Friday night quite like it!


No comments:

Post a Comment