Saturday 4 January 2014

My highlights of 2013

1 January 2014

As I'm sure you can imagine, 2013 was a pretty eventful year, I left my job, my friends, my family and everything I knew and booked a one way ticket.  Some people called me crazy, some even called me stupid but I know it is the best life decision that I have ever made.  I have experienced things, met some great friends and made memories that will last a lifetime.  I have now been away 6 months and boy has it flown by and so to whittle it down to a few simple highlights will be no easy task, but here goes (not in any particular order...):

1. Sri Lanka - Retracing my Grans's footprints was an emotional roller coaster for me.  Just from seeing her via FaceTime, I know how much it meant to her.  The country has touched my heart and I can't wait to go back!!

2. F1 in Singapore- The most amazing weekend of my life - enough said!

3. Vietnam - A country that I have always wanted to visit and thankfully I got the chance to do it with Raj.  I loved how crazy it was and even though I hated the motorbike rides (Raj will hold me to that) I actually got used to them after a while.  Having just re-watched Top Gear's Vietnam Special, I would compare myself somewhat to Jezza Clarkson.  Obviously not his brash personality or grey locks but his hatred which transcended into love for motorbikes.

4. Spending time with the family :). It may have been 3 months but it went by so quickly.  Thank you Marcus and Bri, I will never forget what you did for me.

5. Angkor Wat- what a stunning piece of architecture.  I will never forget that sunrise.

6. Koh Phi Phi and 'THE Beach'

7. Margaret River- wine, cheese, camping and beautiful sandy beaches

8. Thai Cookery Course in Chiang Mai

9. Meeting Katie in KL and exploring it with a local!

10. Fireworks in Sydney



Here's to an even better 2014 as I continue my journey around the globe

Much love x

No comments:

Post a Comment