Tuesday 11 March 2014

Day out around the wineries of Tazzy with the ladies from Beerfest

23 February

The ladies I met at Beerfest in Launnie kindly invited me out for lunch on Sunday.  We agreed to meet at Irish then head out to Rosevears via "the lookout" which provided stunning view across Launceston.  We organised to eat lunch at Rosevears which is a restaurant on the river.  Unfortunately for us, the service was poor, awkward and one meal was even over cooked!

Thankfully the day improved when we went to the vineyards.  I've yet to meet a group of ladies who are  as passionate about wine as I am until I met this group.  The first vineyard was 'Marian's Vineyard' which offered an interesting owner and less interesting wine.  The second vineyard was 'Holm Oak' a large estate which even had its own pig named 'Pinot'.  Thankfully the wine was delicious and I picked up a bottle of Sav Blanc for Dad.  The last stop of the day was 'Goaty Hill' or 'Sheepy Hill' as it was renamed by Kelly as apparently the goats looked more like sheep than goats!!  I'm not a fan of Rieslings normally but their wine was the nicest one of the day.  It's no wonder that is what they are most famous for.  If only I could get it back in the UK.  Therefore it only seemed appropriate that we ended our day sampling their #1 wine and the incredible view of their vineyard.  

After taking a few shots of the girls sitting in the goats, we headed for dinner at a local Indian restaurant in town.  The food was okay but very sweet and we even accidentally made a family move tables as we were too noisy - oops!  Overall if a was a great end to a great day out and a very sad farewell.  I wish I'd met these ladies sooner as I think we would've been great friends.

Thank you again Rachel, Sarah, Toni and Kelly xx

Next stop: Melbourne









No comments:

Post a Comment