Friday 7 March 2014

Freycinet National Park & Wineglass Bay - simply paradise...

11 February

A week after our Cradle Mountain Roadtrip, we decided it was time for another.  Ceri had already visited Wineglass Bay with his host family and had insisted I saw it before I left.  

I picked up the rental car but unlike last time, he only had one car available and it was bright...pink.  I don't think I'll ever forget the look on Ceri's face when I pulled up outside his house!

The drive to Freycinet takes approx 3 hours down countrylanes and A roads.  As someone who loves driving, it was a lot of fun. Upon arrival into the National Park, we picked up our access passes and headed towards the car park.

The first stretch of the walk was to up to Coles Bay lookout then onto Wineglass Bay lookout.  Both these walks were steep but nothing in comparison to the decent down to the famous Wineglass beach. Thankfully it was worth it and the most beautiful beach and clearest blue water I have ever seen; simply paradise!  The crystal clear water and soft white sand will take some beating!

We also headed to Honeymoon creek which is completely opposite to Wineglass Bay as it's a flat calm.





Honeymoon Lookout





No comments:

Post a Comment