Tuesday 11 March 2014

Working my last Beerfest

28 February

After spending the morning wandering around the shops in Melbourne (window shopping only of course, I am a backpacker after all), I headed up to help Jimmy and Joycie (Andrew) set up for the first Melbourne Beerfest.  This is the third one that I've now done so I had a fairly good idea of what we needed to do but I still underestimated just how much work is involved to set up the event!  After 8 hours and memorably attempting to move fridge...in a dress, we were finally ready to go.

1 March

It's St David's Day and what could be more fitting than a Beer festival in the sun.  It was a long day but an enjoyable one nonetheless.  I was even treated with a visit by my roommates from the hostel (Greenhouse).  It was nice to spend the evening together,drinking beer and watching the bands.

2 March

Today was day 2 of the festival.  Numbers were slightly lower but it was still a great atmosphere.  It allowed me to get to know Elodie and Kalynda a little better too which was lovely.  In no time at all, we'd packed up the site and it was time to say my goodbyes.  I am so lucky to have met some amazing people thanks to Toby.  If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have made such good friends but most importantly of all, I wouldn't have met Jimmy.  It's amazing how one weekends worth of work has turned into 5 months.  I will never forget what Jimmy and Kalynda have done for me and I hope that one day I can re-pay the favour in some way.  



No comments:

Post a Comment