Monday 2 December 2013

Margaret River Roadtrip- Part 1


21 November 2013

Since arriving in WA, countless people have told me that I must go and visit Margaret River.  So when I was offered to crash a trip with Gaetan and his family, I jumped at the chance.  The drive down took just over 3 hours but provided some spectacular views.  The town of Margaret River reminded me a little bit of Betws y Coed.  It's a fairly small town with most things focused around the Main Street.  

In the afternoon, we headed to see the Mammouth Cave, which is one of the most famous caves in WA as it's covered in stalagmites and stalagtites.  We then took a drive to Conto Beach which was stunning.  The water was tranquille and devine.  It's at times like these that I think, could life get any better?


We managed to find a great spot in Prevally, where we set up the tent, ate dinner, drank great wine and watched the sunset.


No comments:

Post a Comment