Monday 2 December 2013

Meeting my first Koala

20 November

With only a few weeks to go before I head off to Sydney, I finally organised a trip to Caversham Wildlife Park.  Much to Stormy's surprise, I had planned to take public transport which consisted of 2 buses and 2 trains totalling approx 2 hours worth of travelling!  Ugh...  Thankfully, one of my lovely friends, Gayton, took me in the car as he was taking his mum.

The wildlife park was quite big and is situated in a larger park similar to Richmond Park in London.  I managed to see all the animals I was expecting: a cockatoo, wallabies, kangaroo and I even got to touch a Koala.  What irritated me the most were the vast number of flies that were around.  I had to take the photo below 3 times as I had them all over my face!  This being said, for me, this certainly is one of my highlights of WA.



No comments:

Post a Comment