Monday 30 December 2013

Last few days in Perth

27 December

My last few days in Perth were surreal to say the least.  I don't think it began to sink in that I was leaving until my bags were packed.  Georgia and I managed to catch up and I even got to meet her boyfriend, Chris.  We decided that we should go to the "Lucky Shag" for our last night our together.  It seemed somewhat fitting as we've been saying for the last 3 months that we wanted to go there!
It's a great bar on the Swan River as it provides beautiful views across Perth.  We then headed on to Clancy's followed by bad Apples, a suitably good ending to a great time here!


28 December

After finishing at the cafe, I just had chance to do some errands before the kids finally came home from Albany!  Their Christmas presents went down a treat!  In the evening, I managed to get most of the group together for some nibbles and drinks at mine.  It was the perfect way to say goodbye to some amazing people whom my stay would not have been the same without.



29 December

It's finally time to say farewell to the place I've called home for the last 3 months.  I have loved staying here and it wouldn't have been the same without the family, particularly Marcus and Bri who have put up with me.  The day started with a walk along the beach with Max followed by a farewell lunch with my friend Elvira and her daughter.  The afternoon was spent packing up and sorting out loose ends before dinner at a Japanese place, not far from home.  The hardest part was waiting around to leave.  It's at that point where my impatience comes through.  Standing at departures wasn't easy and yes I blubbed!  This is the first time that I've got upset since I left my mum way back in July.  I know I'll see them again soon though!


Next stop: Sydney

No comments:

Post a Comment