Saturday 12 April 2014

Brisbane

14 March

After landing a little later than planned, we arrived in Brisbane.  Dad and I are pretty sure we (he) was/were done over the taxi ride.  For a short journey, it sure did cost a lot!

15 March

In the morning, we decided to explore Brisbane and seeing as the riverboat was directly opposite our hotel, it seemed the most logical option.  Infact, it was actually really enjoyable and remarkably cheap in comparison to other cities I've visited.  The boat trip took about 40 mins or so and allowed us to soak up the surrounding highlights.  I really liked the redeveloped riverside apartments which were mostly former factory mills.  Certainly made a change from blocks of high rised, modern, characterless buildings.  After wandering around the city, stopping for lunch etc, we headed back to the airport to pick up the rental car.  I mistakingly forgot my licence (not on purpose I swear) meaning that Dad had the pleasure of driving our 1 litre mean machine up to Noosa.

No comments:

Post a Comment