Saturday 23 November 2013

Beerfest weekend!

8 November

As It was Marcus' 'free' weekend meaning no kids, we decided to pop to the local pub "just for one".  Well, everyone knows that as soon as you say that, it's bound to get messy and that's exactly what happened.  We started at my favourite bar, Bad Apples followed by the newly re-opened Clancy's and then Pepper wine bar.  To say, I felt rough in the morning would be an understatement.

9 November

Going out the night before, seemed a good idea at the time.  I woke up with a stinking headache but after a trip to Hungry Jacks for a frozen coke, I returned to form.  Becca and I arrived on the site just before 12.  The beer fest was being held in Fremantle on the esplanade by James, Toby's friend from home.  James had bought all his staff over to help out seeing as it's the first time they'd held such an event in WA.  Becca worked in the ticket booth and I worked with Gage Roads who were a local brewery.  At first, I arrived to a bare tent.  No signage, nothing.  Considering everyone else had huge banners, I felt ours looked pretty poor. 

It was definitely much busier than I thought it would be.  I spent most of the day working with Cam who is the Marketing Manager for Gage Roads.  It was crazy, I met so many British people which in a sense was lovely as I could've easily been home.  

10 November

It's day 2 of Beerfest and a scorcher!  37C- wowzer!  Still, after a good nights sleep I was raring to go. Worked with Cam and Jade.  Considering I had very little help yesterday, Jade was a very welcome addition to the team.  

Most of the bands over the weekend were pretty good.  The headliners were The Beards who sang songs about...beards!  In their honour, all the Tazzy boys grew their own.

As the festival drew to a close, the team sat back and reflected on what an awesome weekend it had been.  Becca and I were so lucky to have met such a lovely group of people.  We even made nicknames for each other:

Me: short red (obvious really)
Becca: hat girl (as Matt kept buying her hats all weekend)
Matt: walkie talkie guy (as he carried one all weekend)
James: Big Boss (organiser)
Andrew: The Warrior (given to him by some drunk guy in Freo as an insult)
Stu: Power Ranger (as at times, he moved so fast, I thought he was going to fly)
Jordi- Awesome dude (given to her by Matt)
Mathias- no name


No comments:

Post a Comment