Friday 1 November 2013

My week in Kuala Lumpa

13 September

I took the early morning flight to KL.  Having arrived and cleared customs safely, I took a cab into town.    It was quite a way from the airport so I inevitably fell asleep.  The hostel was clean and situated on one of the most famous streets for food in Malaysia, which resulted in food then bed!

14 September

I spent the morning wandering around the district of Bukit Bintang area of KL.  As with most cities, it's fairly built up but unlike Bangkok, it wasn't busily.  In the afternoon, I met up with Danny and Dellyn, a couple I'd met at the cookery school for drinks.  Dellyn and I then decided that we deserved a little bit of luxury and got our nails done.  It's the first time I've felt like a girl in a long time and nice it was too.

15 September

Today, we went up the Twin towers. They are two tall towers with a walking platform in between.  You not only have viewing access from there but also from floor 89.  I may have done this a few times now but I think its one of the best ways to see a city.

16 September

After the kind lady in Pai lost most of my clothes, it was time to go shopping.  Clothes may not be as cheap as they were in Cambodia and Thailand but they will still be a downsight less than in Singapore. In the the evening, I took a cab to meet Katie.  I know Katie via Alyn, a friend from home and we've grown increasingly closer as time has passed.  Katie is from KL so was the perfect guide to show me around.  She was on a flying visit from the UK, which just so happened to be the time I was in Malaysia too.  The original plan was to go to a Chinese/Malaysia wedding but sadly that didn't come off.  Katie had to deal with some urgent business in London and then we got lost!  We ended the evening having traditional Malaysian food in Bukit Bintang.

17 September

The only point that is worth mentioning about today is that I tried a fruit called 'Duran' and...it was vile!!!  It is green and not only smells but tastes of smelly feet.  Never ever again!

19 September

It's my last night in KL so Katie and I decided to head to the Batu Caves.  After a short detour we arrived just after sunset.  Upon approach, you are greeted by a large golden Buddha and 200 or so steep steps and they were steep!!  How Katie managed to do it in heels, I will never know.  Thankfully the view more than made up for it.  After wandering round the caves for 30 mins or so, it was time to head back into town.  I met up with Dellyn for a few quiet drinks and girly chat.  The perfect way to bid farewell to KL.






No comments:

Post a Comment