Monday 18 November 2013

My first AFL Grand Final and trips to Freo

28 September

It's my first weekend in Perth and it's the AFL Grand a Final (Freo Dockers vs Melbourne).  This is the first time that Freo have ever made it to a grand final so the atmosphere around town was exciting.  All around the streets of Perth, there were banners, flags and people wearing purple.  Much to Marcus' disgust, Shona and I managed to persuade him to drive to Freo and watch the match.  When I asked him about the rules he replied "it's the only game where you get a point even if you miss".  So very true!


In the evening, Marcus cooked us a Roast Dinner.  It was amazing!  Then Georgia, Nati and I went out for drinks in Freo to the Norfolk hotel followed by the club Metros.

30 September

As it was Georgia's day off, we took the bus into Freo to do a bit of exploring.  Freo is a lot nicer than I'd pictured it.  It's a town with a lot of character and unlike the rest of Perth, the council have kept the forsades of the buildings.  It's also a quirky town with a Victorian twist which actually reminded me of Llandudno.  After wandering around taking photos, we headed off to Little Creatures for lunch.  The bar itself is attached to the brewery, allowing you to watch the beer being made as you sip your pint! The warehouse effect sort of reminded me of Shoreditch in London.  We then met up with Andrew to wander the markets and grab a hot chocolate (heated by candlelight) at San Churio.





No comments:

Post a Comment