Friday 15 November 2013

First few days in Perth, WA

24 September

The flight to Perth was fine but the same cannot be said for the service I received on Tiger Airways.  I'd been pre-warned about them but decided to give them the benefit of the doubt.  I deliberately hadn't eaten as I was aware that Australia don't allow you to enter the country with any foreign food.  So, I went to buy dinner but the hostess refused to take my credit (close to expiry) and debit card (not as safe as credit).  Ridiculous!  To say I was annoyed is an understatement, especially considering the flight was 6 hours.  I won't be using Tiger again, if I can avoid it.

Having safely collected my bag, I met Marcus and Jai at arrivals and headed back to his.  It was so good to have my own room and a wardrobe again.  In the evening, Marcus and I went for dinner at his local - Bad Apples.  I loved the place, it's a great wine bar which even has automatic wine pouring machines - genius!


25 - 27 September

The next few days were spent today tedious tasks such as setting up bank accounts, getting a haircut and buying a pair of jeans as it's not as warm here as it was in Asia!  Sizes here are strange too.  I've also spent time with the kids (Jai and Sasha) and Max the dog, which has been nice.  They've all made me feel so welcome.  I also made a new friend (Georgia) who works at the local shopping centre.  She's British and used to live in London so we have a lot in common.


No comments:

Post a Comment