Wednesday 13 November 2013

Home of the Singapore Sling and final thoughts on Singapore

23 September

This morning felt bitter sweet - I'm excited to see the family but sad to say farewell to the lads and to an incredible weekend in Singapore.  The problem was, how do I top such a phenomenal weekend?!  Well, after spending the weekend surrounded by engines and testosterone, I opted for a girly afternoon of shopping and dining at where-else but the home of the Singapore Sling- Raffles.

The building was beautiful with its colonial features and open terrace.  My Gran and Grandad had been for high-tea and I believe that AG (Auntie Gillian) had sampled their cocktail menu in the past.  I decided on the tea. It certainly wasn't Tetley but it was still pretty good considering the fact that most of Asia think Lipton is "proper tea".  I managed a bit of shopping and a few souvenirs before heading back to the hostel and bidding farewell to the lads.

In the evening, I went with the German crew to see the lightshow at Marina Bay, paid a trip to China Town, packed my bag and crawled into bed.  Tomorrow I fly to Perth for some well-earnt TLC!


Final thoughts on Singapore:

Food: You can get any cuisine here from Vietnamese and Thai to American/European!  I liked that about it, variety is the spice of life after all.

Shopping: It's certainly one of the better places I've been to but yet it's still pretty expensive for Asia.

Culture: There is certainly a lot to cover in a few days but beyond that I think I'd get a little bored.  3-5 days is plenty as a tourist.

Would I go back? Most definitely.  There are a few places that I didn't get chance to go to. I would certainly pick it as a stop-over again.

Next stop: Perth


No comments:

Post a Comment