Wednesday 20 November 2013

Sports day...in October and beautiful long walks with the dogs. Can life get any better?


17 October

I've been to many sports days over the years thanks to Cal, Ben and Ellie but never one in October.  Still it makes perfect sense as the weather is certainly a lot warmer at this time of year.  As per usual, the teachers were crying out for adjudicators so Marcus and I stepped in to help.  It was quite fun actually, particularly as the kids were quite competitive.  Still, Sasha won her race and I was pretty proud to have witnessed it.


22 October

I've now been away almost 4 months and today has been my first 'down' day.  The family have all asked what has triggered it and truthfully I don't know.  It's not that I want to pack up and go home because I don't.  It's more the fact that I have spent the last month sitting in the house, day in, day out waiting for the kids to come home.  Making friends is difficult as I'm not living in a backpacker environment but thankfully I have Georgia to keep me sane.  

So to cheer me up, Bri and I went on a little trip to walk the dogs.  Having lived by the sea for most of my life, beaches don't particularly excite me but this one did.  There is something about walking with the sand between your toes and not freezing to death that is quite appealing.  Leighton beach is beautiful and just what I needed to clear my head.  In the evening, Marcus decided to take me to Hans Cafe for dinner.  Truly authentic Asian food for next to nothing.  Loved it but most importantly I loved spending time with him, just simply chewing the fat!


No comments:

Post a Comment